Senior Programmer Analyst
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Job Type:||Employment Opportunities|
|Duties:||This position is responsible for: |
- Performing analysis, design and development activities for the creation and maintenance of the Universityís academic and administrative applications.
- Developing program specifications based on the analysis of customer requirements, designs and develops the programs.
- Creating the tests cases and executes the tests.
- Documenting the solution, migrates the code to production using change control procedures and supports the application after implementation.
- Developing programming standards, documentation, security and authorization procedures necessary to support and implement the Information Technology Departmentís strategic goals.
Required: A bachelorís degree in computer science or related field; an equivalent of work experience and education may be considered.
- 7+ years of programming experience required.
- Knowledge of best practices as they relate to Software Development Life Cycle methodologies are a must.
- Preferred: Scripting experience using Microsoft SQL (2000-2008); Apache, PHP, and MySQL in a Linux environment; experience enhancing and supporting ERP systems; and experience with Continuous Process Improvement and/or Lean Process Improvement methodologies.
Licensure and/or Certification
- ITIL, PMP or other SDLC certification desired.
Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite, Visio and MS project
- Familiar with HL7 and API standards
- Knowledge of and experience with reporting tools such as Quest and Crystal Reports
- Demonstrated analytical , critical thinking and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.