Patient Services Coordinator- Bloomington
|Benefits:||Part time Benefit Eligible|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||Bloomington Natural Care Clinic|
|Job Type:||Employment Opportunities|
|Description:||The Patient Service Coordinator (PSC) position serves|
as the first point of contact at the Bloomington Natural Care Center and leads by example the mission of
NWHSU, and mission and guiding principles of operation of the Bloomington Natural Care Center. The PSC
duties include: register patients, schedule appointments, complete insurance verification, support clinicians,
and promote services to patients.
This position will work 30 hours per week: 10:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday - Friday.
|Duties:||- Answers telephone, schedules/cancels appointments and greets/directs patients and visitors|
- Confirms patients’ insurance benefits, tracks and routes insurance information for patients including prior authorization
- Meets with new patients to explain financial expectations and various plans
- Manages patient and department files
- Enters patient demographics into computer system
- Fills requests for medical records, x-rays and charges, requests patient files and x-rays from other health care providers
- Processes daily deposits, balance receipts, ensures all fee slips are accounted for
- Promotes clinical services, retail services and educational opportunities
- Provides educational opportunities for students as requested
- This position will close the Bloomington clinic and will be responsible for shutting down equipment, balancing financials, re-stocking linens, and locking the doors.
|Qualifications:||- High school diploma plus some specialized training of less than 2 years|
- 2+ years related experience in a chiropractic or medical office
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Computer experience required – knowledge of GE Centricity PMS system is a plus
- Enjoys working in a team environment
- Flexible schedule
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.