|Benefits:||Full time benefit eligible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Job Type:||Employment Opportunities|
|Description:||The Student Affairs Administrative Assistant provides direct administrative and operational support to the Office of Student Affairs and serves as the Assistant to the Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. The Administrative Assistant has oversight for the operation of the Office of Student Affairs, which is seen as the first point of contact for|
student emergencies, academic support, student life and general student questions and concerns. The person in this position will handle a wide range of responsibilities; demonstrate judgment and resourcefulness to deal with a variety of constituents, including students, faculty, staff, parents, community members and other departments.
Potential start date: November 1, 2013 at the latest.
|Duties:||1. Serves as first point of contact for the Office of Student Affairs|
2. Serves as the Assistant to the Dean of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management. Provides reception, administrative support, handling telephone calls, mail, deliveries, file maintenance, ordering office supplies, as well as the coordination of reports, presentation and meetings. Provides administrative support to other
departmental staff members. Acts as a liaison with Facilities Services, IT, other administrative departments, faculty and general operations.
3. Maintains efficient daily administrative operations for the department.
4. Serves as the departmental coordinator for student clubs and organizations.
5. Coordinates the operations of the Testing Center.
6. Assists in the coordination of events and programs such as orientation, commencement, Appreciation and Service Day and the Annual Student Leadership Recognition Dinner.
7. Compiles, edits and prints division reports, Student Handbook, publications, and other documents as requested. Implement revisions online for policies related to students.
8. Prepare written draft materials for correspondence, newsletters, invitations, reports, events, and programs. This work often includes confidential matters requiring independent and sound judgment.
9. Serves as the second school official in regards to Veteran Affairs and international student services.
10. Trains and supervises student workers for the department.
11. Keep and maintain confidential student records.
12. Send out weekly announcements regarding student activities, and maintains Student Affairs Activity Calendar.
13. Represent the Office of Student Affairs with outstanding customer service and an approachable personal style.
14. Other duties and projects as assigned.
|Qualifications:||- Some college required. Completion of 2 years preferred. |
- Minimum of 3 years of experience doing administrative duties, preferably in higher education.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Must have excellent spelling, grammar, and professional writing style, the ability to set up mail merge files and tables, and the ability to utilize databases and produce reports.
- Must have excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Must demonstrate high standard of professionalism, flexibility, and confidentiality.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.