Instructional Media Specialist
|Benefits:||Full time benefit eligible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Job Type:||Employment Opportunities|
|Description:||Provide consultation and hands-on support to faculty in the effective use of new and current technologies for academic purposes. The Instructional Media Specialist supports existing academic technologies such as Moodle, Mediasite, audio, video and the web, and investigates and promotes new technologies that enhance teaching, research and learning. |
In addition, it is the responsibility of the Instructional Media Specialist to archive and preserve data files for both historical and disaster recovery purposes. This position is also responsible for support of the A/V technology located at NWHSU.
|Duties:||Duties may include:|
- Audio, video, photographic, and digital production of NWHSU lectures, labs, presentations, and meetings for dissemination to students, staff, and faculty.
- Record special events as requested by University staff.
- Receive, review, prioritize and ensure completion of all requests for media services.
- Ensure that recordings are transferred to DVD and/or website as needed or requested by faculty.
Assists with the daily scheduling of technology usage.
- Set-up classroom A/V equipment to meet faculty needs, which include computer, videotaping and projection needs. Trouble-shoots repair requests in a timely manner.
- Perform operational check-ups of classroom A/V equipment. Performs or arranges repair of equipment as needed.
- Assist with troubleshooting Moodle and Distance Learning Help Desk requests.
- Assist faculty with proper integration of technology in the classroom.
- Required: An Associate Degree from a two-year program, specializing in digital media or A/V technology; an equivalent of work experience and education may be considered
- Desired: A bachelorís degree in computer science, education or other related field
- Three to five years of media-related experience required
- Experience using software for course management, presentations, web and graphic design, and audio-visual technologies required
- Expertise in streaming audio and video required
- Experience with editing and producing audio, video, and photographic media required
- Experience with Mediasite desired
3. Other required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience with media tools such as Photoshop, Adobe, and Camtasia
- Demonstrated analytical , critical thinking and project management skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.