|Benefits:||Full time benefit eligible|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Job Type:||Employment Opportunities|
|Description:||This position is structured to focus on internal management issues, thereby allowing the CFO to focus attention on external relations and strategic-oriented activities. The Finance Director/Controller oversees business operations in the areas of financial management. The individual collaborates with the CFO on the development and implementation of the overall financial policies and procedures of the University. |
|Duties:||The Director of Finance is a financial advisor to the Institution with a strategic, operations oriented focus reporting to the CFO. The successful individual will be a hands-on and participative manager while leading and developing an internal team to provide financial and advisory services in the following areas: |
o All internal University clients to include academic, clinic and research businesses.
o Enhance financial acumen of all University employees, especially those in managerial positions.
o Financial analysis and reporting of the current operations to include academic, clinics, research, investments and administration.
o Create and update Finance Department policies and procedures to reflect financial integrity, best practices, and compliance with GAAP and legislated reporting requirements.
o Develop and manage a forecasting process.
o Annual business planning and budgeting.
o Managing discrete, effective banking functions for all areas of operations including payroll and accounts payable monitoring.
o Reviews and maintains appropriate segregation of duties and internal controls.
o Manage and optimize cash flow
o Reviews and trains on all financial processes to make sure they are performed timely, accurately, and efficiently. Creates and maintains month end checklists and calendars for staff to follow.
o Reviews financial software and makes sure staff is trained and using it to its full capabilities.
o Ensures record retention systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
o Responsible for preparing and managing the annual audit including analyses and other required audit items such as preparation of functional operating statements.
o Preparation of the annual tax return (IRS 990).
|Qualifications:||- Bachelorís Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. |
- 5+ years of experience working with faculty, staff and students in a customer-focused administrative role, preferably in highly complex, matrixed organizations such as research universities, academic medical centers, health systems, or large national companies.
- Demonstrated success in financial advisory services to internal clients.
- Program administration skills, which includes organization, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, delegating, and delivering reliable results.
- Demonstrated success in teamwork and verifiable skills in handling multiple projects under pressure with the ability to work both on a team and independently to deliver results.
- Demonstrated success in budget preparation, planning and monitoring.
- Exceptional attention to detail, planning, and follow-up skills with the ability to develop alternative solutions and solve problems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), as well as specialized software necessary for the fulfillment of the position to include advanced knowledge of pivot tables.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles, GAAP, best practices, computer software for accounting, financial statements and their preparation, payroll reporting and systems.
- Managerial experience, including management of large groups and discrete teams.
- Awareness of government legislation and policy as it affects the finance role; willingness to stay up to date with changes in legislation and implementing any new legal/reporting/GAAP requirements.
- Experience in preparing account reconciliations in order to guide staff to proper procedure.
- Handles confidential information and discussions professionally.
- Compassion and respect for students, patients, their families and team members.
- Highly effective written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Established skills in planning and managing multiple diverse projects and agendas.
- Working knowledge of higher education, health care, human resources and related business services.
- Critical systems thinking and problem solving skills and experiences.
- Conflict management skills.
- Multi-cultural and diversity sensitivity.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.